Amidst the hustle and bustle of Christmas activities going on in the city, one can get easily lost. That is why we’ve collated a little summary of events worth having a look at this weekend (12th-13th December).
Saturday, 12th December
- 12pm-1pm Christmas Carols with Brass and Strings: Not feeling the Christmas spirit, yet? Listening to an hour of classic carols played by a scratch orchestra of brass and strings at St Andrew’s and St George’s West’s Sanctuary (13 George Street) will definitely get you in the mood. The event is free, but donations will be welcome.
- 12pm-5pm Greater Grassmarket Christmas Market: Every weekend until Christmas Day, the historical Grassmarket in Edinburgh holds its very own Christmas market. And they have thought of absolutely everything to make you feel festive with the Grassmarket Community Stage as well as food, drink, and gift vendors. Free entry.
- 12pm-10pm Christmas at the Pitt: The finest street food market in all of Leith (Pitt Street) with delicious bites, lots of booze and, of course, all-day entertainment on offer. Entry is free.
Sunday, 13th December
- 11am Santa Fun Run & Walk: Watch hundreds of runners in Santa suits jog in circles in West Princess Street Gardens in aid for charity When You Wish Upon A Star, which grants the wishes of children living with life threatening illnesses. Being a spectator is free. However, donations are always welcome.
- 11am-4pm Judy’s Affordable Vintage Fair: Catering for your every vintage need (we are talking fashion, accessories, home ware, and more) in The Assembly Rooms (54 St George Street) this Sunday is one of the largest vintage marketplaces Judy’s Affordable Vintage Fair. Entry is £2 and who knows you might just find that perfect gift for your vintage-obsessed aunt.
- 11am-5pm Summerhall Christmas Market: Multi-arts venue Summerhall (1 Summerhall Square) hosts a bigger-than-ever Christmas market this year including not only numerous stalls for getting original presents but also a choice of food vendors and musical entertainment by the Summerhall singers. Entry is £2.
- 6pm Rudsambee Choir Concert: Listen to jolly Christmas carols from around the world in beautiful St Giles Cathedral on the Royal Mile. Entry is free, but donations are welcome. (Notice the photograph of St Giles’ beautiful ceiling above taken by talented photographer Gary Ullah)